No one injured in Greenacres vehicle, garage fire

No one injured in Greenacres vehicle, garage fire

Fire crews quickly extinguished a fire that spread from a vehicle to a garage at a home in Greenacres Monday night.

According to a release from the Spokane Valley Fire Department, the fire started in a vehicle sitting in the driveway of a home near E. 5th Ave and S. Coach St. around 11 p.m. Fire officials said the fire spread to the interior of the garage.

The first crews on scene made an aggressive attack on the strucutre and prevended the fire from spreading to the house.

Two people were home at the time and neither were injured. No firefighters were injured, either.

Authorities are now looking into the cause of the fire.

Catch up on the day’s news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.