DAYTON, Ohio - After an emotional and hard fought game, Fairleigh Dickinson University will be advancing to the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
Gonzaga's 1 seed gives them the opportunity for an easier path through the West Region of the bracket.
However, Fairleigh Dickinson looks like they won't hold anything back against the Zags.
During their play-in game against Prairie View A&M, FDU was down by as much as 12, but ended up coming back to win the game 82 - 76.
FDU's team is very athletic and has some big players that like to live in the paint.
So, although the Zags will be playing a 16 seed on Thursday, they shouldn't take FDU for granted. Every game counts in this one-and-done tournament so the Zags still need to play to win.
The matchup on Thursday can be watched on TruTV. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:27 p.m.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Idaho woman killed in crash near Lewiston
- Spokane mom explains how she quit both cigarettes and vaping
- 80 employees evacuate safely from cannabis facility fire
- Washington State Cougs ranked no. 19 in the AP Top 25 Poll
- Spokane Transit Authority service changes
- WSP Detectives are still looking for fatal hit-and-run suspects