SEATTLE - America’s new professional football league, the XFL, has filed five trademark applications of potential names for Seattle’s team. They are:
ESPN 710’s Brock Huard said he was underwhelmed by the potential names because they did not have any attachment to the Pacific Northwest.
There’s speculation that the potential team names are limited due to trademarks registered by Seattle’s unnamed NHL expansion team, joining the league in 2021.
The XFL kicks off in February 2020. The Seattle team is coached by Seahawks legend Jim Zorn.
Zorn played quarterback for the Seahawks from 1976-1984 and was the head coach of the Washington Redskins from 2008-2009.
None have the eight cities hosting an XFL team have released their team name. They will likely announce the team names before the XFL draft in late September.
Which of Seattle’s potential team names is your favorite? Do you have a better idea?
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from 4 News Now. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player
- #happylife: 'School Shoes for Kids' drive makes sure every student has a pair of sneaks
- #happylife: A doctor's warning for parents before booking a sports physical
- Car crashes into jersey barrier along I-90 near Moses Lake
- Two people survive plane crash in Whitman County