PULLMAN, Wash. - Washington State University has a strange but highly-coveted gift for their biggest fans on senior night.
On November 23, WSU will face off against Oregon State for senior night, and fans have a chance to get ahold of Mike Leach bobbleheads. And yes – they talk, saying the quirkiest and most iconic things Coach Leach has said.
Mike Leach joined by mini Mike Leach today at his presser.— Alyssa Charlston (@Alyssacharlston) November 18, 2019
They’re giving these bobble heads away this Saturday vs OSU on senior night. pic.twitter.com/CfFMZsDcxl
Leach himself reflected on the bobbleheads at a press conference on Monday.
“I don’t know, I keep hearing something about it, I-I don’t know what they do, exactly,” he said, inspecting the thing at the podium. A staff member reached over and clicked a button, eliciting one of Leach’s sayings from the bobblehead.
“Oh, that’s good to have those,” he said after clicking through a few more, “I don’t know what they all are – obviously, I think they’re brilliant sayings since, uh… a lot of them, I’ve been saying for years...”
- Meet a 16-ft Christmas Darth Vader, decorate cookies and other free events this weekend
- No-Li Brewhouse awards 4 News Now anchor Robyn Nance, Teen & Kid Closet with $1K donation
- Spokane man re-purposes old linens for those in need
- If you lose a night of sleep, you could be twice as impaired, WSU study suggests
- Local advocates: decades-old child rape claims illustrate important lesson for parents
- Three tech tips to save you money this holiday season