PULLMAN, Wash. - Washington State University has been contacted by HBO to be featured in a Hard Knocks type show that would air later in the college football season. That's according to a source close to the WSU football program, who made it clear nothing has been signed yet.
Devilsdigest.com, an Arizona State University athletics fan site, tweeted that there are four college football programs expected to be featured by HBO: ASU, WSU, Penn State University and the University of Alabama.
Hard Knocks is a reality sports documentary television series produced by NFL Films and HBO. It's not clear what the college football show would be named or what kind of access the universities would provide.
An HBO show would provide tremendous exposure for WSU and its football program. Head coach Mike Leach, known for his colorful quotes, is surely a major factor in HBO's interest in WSU.
- SPD looking for missing 75-year-old woman
- Police arrest ten time convicted felon during traffic stop
- Police set up perimeter searching for wanted suspect in Spokane Valley
- Riverside State Park soon to offer two new cabins
- Formerly homeless woman stands by Sen. Cantwell in push for affordable housing
- SPD investigating drive-by shooting near Chelan and Ash