SPOKANE, Wash. - Since beginning holiday DUI emphasis patrols on December 14, troopers with Washington State Patrol arrested 96 impaired drivers in the Spokane area.
The emphasis patrols continued through Christmas and ended after New Year's Day.
According to Trooper Jeff Sevigney, spokesman for WSP District 4, one deadly crash was attributed to impaired driving in the roughly two and a half week period.
WSP district 4 includes the area from the Canadian border down to the Colfax area, and stretches from the Ritzville area to the Idaho border.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Local firefighters experiencing volunteer shortage
- New Zealand Track and Field Olympian, Anne Audain, builds legacy at Spokane's Bloomsday
- South Hill Library to host climate change series through October
- UW medical students recruit bone marrow donors for Be the Match
- City tests new technique to repair Spokane's streets
- Washington pup racks up 8M views on Instagram