SPOKANE, Wash. - Washington State Patrol troopers with launch a statewide emphasis patrol, "Slow Down, Move Over". The emphasis patrol will run from Oct. 18 - Oct. 20.
Washington state law requires vehicles approaching an emergency zone to proceed with caution, slow down, and if safe move over, or changes lanes.
According to WSP, in the last two years, 62 patrol cars have been hit and 24 troopers injured. That’s an average of one trooper injured every month.
The penalty is $214 and cannot be waived or reduced. The Washington State Patrol contacted 4,175 drivers for the move over violation in 2016.
- Social media school shooting threat likely a hoax
- Biggest ever restaurant week has some creative and unique food options
- Extreme Team wraps up renovation at Project ID
- Home and Yard show runs this weekend
- Idaho private school moves forward with AR-15 raffle despite opposition
- Search continues for suspects associated with crime at Red Top Motel