RICHLAND, Wash. - A Washington State Patrol trooper arrested a driver for driving under the influence while they were reportedly on their way to pick up a child.
In a tweet, Trooper Thorson said Trooper Mata stopped the car on State Route 240 near Columbia Center Boulevard in Richland around 9 a.m. Monday.
The driver was arrested and taken to jail, where they blew a .250, according to WSP.
Thorson said the driver told Mata they were on the way to pick up a five-year-old child.
Troopers did not identify the suspected drunk driver.
November gloom continues: Foggy this morning with more rain on the way
Remembering the 2015 windstorm four years later
- Remembering the 2015 windstorm four years later
- Firefighters prevent early morning fire from spreading
- Native American tribes seeing many cases of murdered, missing indigenous women
- Weekend rain brings snow to local mountains
- Rain, rain, go away! We're in store for more wet and cold weather
- Historic Coeur d'Alene home wheeled down city streets