SPOKANE, Wash. - On Saturday night just before 7:30, Spokane Police and the Spokane Fire Department responded to a shooting in the 1600 block of E. Bismark Ave.
A woman called in to report her boyfriend had been shot in the leg.
Upon arrival of the Spokane Police Officers, first aid was rendered to the victim.
The victim did initially tell authorities that a black male had attempted to steal from him and had shot him. However, the victim was going in and out of consciousness. Shortly after this, the victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment of his injuries.
The suspect, 25-year-old Karla R. Licea, was the girlfriend of the victim. Licea initially told authorities that she did not know how her boyfriend had been shot. After this, the Spokane Police Major Crimes Unit (MCU) responded to assist with the investigation.
It was later determined that Licea had shot her boyfriend in the leg. Licea was booked into the Spokane County Jail for Unlawful Possession of a Firearm in the first degree and Assault in the first degree, Domestic Violence.
- Snowmobiler killed in avalanche in eastern Idaho
- Bill would use bonds to fund more mental health facilities
- Iconic Moses Lake pizza parlor on fire
- Skater still alive after fall on Ice Ribbon
- Fire closes Moses Lake pizza parlor for "foreseeable future"
- Weather cooperates as hundreds turn out for 3rd annual Walk for Life NW