SPOKANE, Wash. - The woman killed Friday night while cross north Division Street near Cozza Drive has been identified.
The Spokane County Medical Examiner says 53 year old Michele Renee Purkey died from severe head injuries sustained when she was hit by a car.
Investigators say information from witnesses indicated that an adult male pedestrian started to cross Division mid-block, not utilizing a crosswalk and was struck by a southbound vehicle.
Witnesses said Purkey went to go assist the man and both of them were then hit by a second southbound vehicle and Purkey was killed.
Police said both drivers were cooperative with investigators. Their vehicles, as a matter of routine, were towed from the scene as evidence.
At this time, no citations or arrests have been made and investigators anticipate it will take several weeks to possibly months gather all the evidence in this case.
The man suffered critical injuries.
Anyone who witnessed the collision who has not yet talked with investigators is asked to call Crime Check at 509-456-2233.
- Snowy start to Saturday in Spokane
- One girl found, one still missing from Bonners Ferry
- Passenger killed after collision with Chelan County snowplow
- Robbery suspects arrested after breaking into motel room
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient
- Second storm of the week brings new snow, high winds to Inland NW