MOSES LAKE, Wash - A 27-year-old woman from Des Moines, Washington died Saturday evening in a jet ski crash near Blue Heron Park in Moses Lake.
According to the Grant County Sheriff's Office, witnesses said Adra-Ann Rice was riding on a jet ski with her 8-year-old daughter when another jet ski, operated by a 17-year-old boy, crashed into them around 5:00 p.m.
People who were at the park saw the crash and jumped into the water to help until first responders arrived. All three victims were taken to Samartian Hosptial in Moses Lake, where Rice later died from her injuries.
The 8-year-old was not seriously hurt. Sunday morning it was not clear what the condition of the 17-year-old boy was. The sheriff's office said the teenager was a relative of Rice.
The Grant County Sheriff's Office is still investigating the crash. In a release, Sheriff Tom Jones said, “Our hearts hurt for this family. On behalf of the Grant County Sheriff’s Office, we extend our deepest sympathies to them during this excruciatingly difficult time. I hope that our community will also share the same sentiment by offering comfort as they try to deal with their sudden and tragic loss.”
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player
- #happylife: 'School Shoes for Kids' drive makes sure every student has a pair of sneaks
- #happylife: A doctor's warning for parents before booking a sports physical
- Car crashes into jersey barrier along I-90 near Moses Lake
- Two people survive plane crash in Whitman County
- Help find homes for animals in need at this weekend's 'Clear the Shelters' event