SPOKANE, Wash. - On Saturday, in honor of their 67th Anniversary, the Spokane County Interstate Fair held a Best Fair Food Contest on the North Stage.
The foods were judged on appearance, originality, portion size/value and last but certainly not least -- taste!
Out of the 30 entries this year, this is what judges decided on:
Best Deep Fried Food – Cheese Curds with Red Pepper Siracha Ranch ($5) at Philly Express
Best Dessert – Deep Fried Cookie Dough ($10) at Azar’s Sweet Tooth
Best Signature Dish / Entrée – Fresh Grilled Salmon with Cuban Congri and Fresh Salsa ($12) at Leonardo’s Bistro
Most Creative – Cinnamon Apple Fries with Caramel and Ice Cream ($8) at Mary Lou’s Ice Cream
This year’s judges included Danielle Gonzales (Tres Peaks Restaurant), Carl LaPrath (Kalico Kitchen), and Cynthia Monroe (Pantry Fuel).
- Jay Inslee announces he will run for a third term as governor
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee to announce run for 3rd term
- SPD: Man steals U-Haul, leads officers on chase, then hides in rafters of N. Spokane garage
- Montana boy found safe, AMBER Alert canceled
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'See you in court': Family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer