SPOKANE, Wash. - Multiple wildfires popped up across the Inland Northwest Sunday afternoon, prompting fire response form the ground and air.
The first broke out at 3:30 p.m. just miles west of Medical Lake between Espanola and Fancher road. 100 fire fighters from five agencies responded, including two fire boss aircraft and one helicopter. A bulldozer plowed fire lines to keep the flames. The fire was 100 percent contained within hours. Washington Department of Natural Resources said the fire was caused by farm equipment.
Hours later, near Rathdrum, another fire sent air and ground crews scrambling near Twin Lakes. Several homes were threatened but crews contained the flames using bulldozers and aircraft dropping fire retardant. As of Sunday evening, the fire was 100 percent contained after burning 10 acres.
- KCSO Deputies arrest two in possession of drugs and stolen vehicle
- Spokane chef in the running for James Beard award
- Spokane County & District Court work to accommodate nursing mother employees
- DNA links Spokane man to cold case murder & cold case rape
- Restaurant Week starts today!
- Burglar crawls through doggy door; busted by deputy