SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A West Valley High School student has been selected as a finalist to receive a scholarship, but the outcome depends on public vote.
The Better Business Bureau Students of Integrity Scholarship is an award that recognizes students based on qualities like ethics and character, qualities that West Valley High School student Ayana Oka possess, if her position as a finalist is any indication.
The scholarship required students to submit a 500 word essay, and 25 percent of the overall score is based on votes made online. Now, West Valley High School is asking the Spokane community to come together and support Oka in her pursuit of higher education by voting here.
Voting ends Sunday, March 31.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart
- One driver dead in crash near Tensed
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player