WENATCHEE, Wash. - A Wenatchee woman has been charged with second-degree manslaughter in connection with the death of her 2-year-old son.
35-year-old Elaine A. Hurd was arrested by Douglas County Sheriff's detectives following an extensive investigation into her son's death.
Hurd failed to obtain necessary medical treatment for her son who suffered a broken arm and blunt force trauma to his head, which ultimately resulted in his death. She was booked into the Chelan County Regional Jail without incident.
Hurd was also charged with fourth-degree criminal mistreatment, as well.
- Shadle Aquatic Center closed for maintenance today
- Buckshot, L Road Fires burn 30,000 acres south of Vantage
- State crews sent to help fight Locust Grove Fire, near Kennewick
- UPDATE: John Belmont Fire near Mica fully lined at 100 acres, evacuations lowered
- Permanent Press? Spokane PD finds suspect hiding in clothes dryer
- Urban Co-op's 4th annual Scoops and Bowls event a big hit