Wenatchee, Wash. - Wenatchee police have arrested a 79-year-old man for shooting and killing his neighbor.
Thursday afternoon, police were called to an apartment building at the 1200 block of Methow Street in Wenatchee.
Officers arrived to find 21-year-old Gustavo Maldonado-Salamanca with a gunshot wound to his torso.
They say he was shot by his next door neighbor, 79 year old Longino Garibay. Police say they spoke with Garibay over the phone before taking him into custody, He was booked into Chelan County Regional Justice Center on one count of 1st degree murder.
Maldonado-Salamanca was transported to Central Washington Hospital where he was declared dead.
It is still unclear if the two men had previous conflicts with each other, but investigators say Garibay has a history of problems with other neighbors at the same apartment complex.
Search warrants were served at the homes of both men. Three handguns were recovered from Garibay's apartment.
This case remains under investigation.
- UGM Student Impact Center aims to help Spokane's at risk youth
- Newport marchers protest proposed smelter
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family