SPOKANE, Wash. - UPDATE: Roads are back open.
Roads were closed in east Spokane Tuesday night when a water main break flooded Hamilton Street with several inches of water. One lane in each direction is open. It is slow going and there will be delays.
Crews responded to the scene near N. Hamilton Street and E. Sharp Avenue just after 9:00 p.m. According to the City of Spokane, the break was located in a 12 inch cast iron water main near 800 N. Hamilton. Roads were blocked from Boone Ave to Trent, crews worked through the night. It is still unclear what caused the break.
- Lapwai man leaves scene of accident, arrested by deputies
- Spokane Valley family recovers after I-90 crash near downtown
- Local kid invents device to help people with arthritis
- Dolezal documentary arrives on Netflix Friday
- City of Spokane employees bring their kids to work
- City Ethics Commission: Mayor Condon did not violate ethics code