MEDICAL LAKE, Wash. - Despite getting water from the same aquifer as Airway Heights, the city administrator of Medical Lake says residents of his community do not need to worry about contamination.
Doug Ross called KXLY4 to answer questions and concerns brought by some Medical Lake residents.
Ross said the city tested its wells four weeks ago, in response to concerns from private well owners whose water showed levels of contamination.
Test results returned Tuesday showed no levels of contamination.
The Craig Road well that serves people living within the Medical Lake city limits draws from the same aquifer as Airway Heights. Ross says that well is deeper than some others and the upper part of that well was cased off in the late 1990's. It's unclear whether or not that protected the well from this contamination.
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal
- Sen. Maria Cantwell speaks on opioid crisis in Spokane, proposes new legislation