CHEHALIS, Wash. (AP) - A judge removed his robe and gave chase after two handcuffed inmates made a run for it from his Washington state courtroom.
Judge R.W. Buzzard leapt into action when 22-year-old Tanner Jacobson and 28-year-old Kodey Howard bolted for the door and down a stairwell.
Jacobson was in the lead bounding down the four flights of stairs, but the judge closed in on Howard. The judge grabbed him just as he was about to exit the courthouse. Authorities apprehended Jacobson a few blocks away.
Both are charged with second-degree escape.
Sheriff Rob Snaza says "these things don't happen very often."
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- SPD looking for missing 75-year-old woman
- Police arrest ten time convicted felon during traffic stop
- Police set up perimeter searching for wanted suspect in Spokane Valley
- Riverside State Park soon to offer two new cabins
- Formerly homeless woman stands by Sen. Cantwell in push for affordable housing
- SPD investigating drive-by shooting near Chelan and Ash