OLYMPIA, Wash. - Washington Governor Jay Inslee issued an updated state of emergency proclamation Saturday afternoon that expands some exemptions necessary for timely delivery of certain goods and products.
Under the the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, commercial drivers are limited to a certain number of hours they can be on the road.
Yesterday, Inslee exempted drivers collecting or delivering bulk milk products and de-icing salt.
Today's expansion extends that exemption to commercial drivers collecting and delivering essential food and emergency supplies to grocery stores and those delivering bulk propane fuel supplies.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- AMBER alert canceled, 4-year-old Pocatello girl found safe
- You can now ask Alexa for 4 News Now flash briefings
- Iconic Shogun restaurant reopening Monday after devastating fire
- Donations pour in for community without water for nearly two weeks
- Spokane NAACP, city leaders call for Rep. Matt Shea's resignation
- Level 1 Evacuation Notice cancelled for Reservation Field Fire in Stevens County