THURSTON CO, Wash - A jury found a former top staffer at Washington's Department of Fish and Wildlife guilty of rape and burglary. He was accused of raping a co-worker in 2014.
Gregory Schirato was found guilty Wednesday of second-degree rape and first-degree burglary in Thurston County Superior Court.
Prosecutors alleged the former agency division leader broke into the home of a co-worker after a holiday party and raped her while she slept. Schirato was arrested four months later.
Court documents show the victim went to a party on Dec. 17, 2014 and returned home intoxicated.
She said she woke up the next morning to find her clothes undone and a door window broken.
Investigators linked Schirato through DNA evidence.
- Railroad crossing malfunction blocks road
- Miracle Monday: Treating congenital heart disease at all ages
- Pullman psychologist jailed for rape found dead in cell
- Spokane Police Arrest two suspects following string of purse snatching incidents
- Services, schedules change for Presidents Day
- Idaho man accused of shooting at officer in custody