SPOKANE, Wash. - With winter just around the corner, Warren Miller Entertainment is ready to kick off the season with its 69 installment ski and snowboard film, Face of Winter.
The film this year features new and veteran athletes that come together to pay tribute to Warren Miller. The pro skiers and snowboarders will visit some of Miller's favorite places such as Engleberg, Alaska, Chile, Iceland and more.
"The film is for anyone whose life was impacted by Warren Miller," says WME Managing Director Andy Hawk. "We are all the face of winter - from the athletes to the audience to the locals in far off destinations or even at our home mountain. Warren recognized this, and this year's film celebrates that."
All fans, young and old, are invited to come together and carry on the tradition of the official kickoff to winter during the 2018 national tour.
Film attendees will enjoy free lift tickets to Mount Spokane and Red Mountain plus gear savings. All moviegoers will be entered to win nightly prizes.
Face of Winter will be premiering at the Bing Crosby Theater tonight at 6 and 9 p.m.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- University of Utah students host walkout on anniversary of Lauren McCluskey's death
- Talking about suicide: local expert gives advice on starting the conversation
- Truck drives through barbed wire fence in fatal crash near Medical Lake
- Families can soon get up to 18 weeks of Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Shoshone Co. asks for $22M to build new jail and safety facility to replace old building
- 4 News Now Exclusive: Convicted killer, former deputy Tom Dibartolo on work release