SPOKANE, Wash. - Walmart associates across the country took home millions of dollars in bonuses Thursday.
When Congress passed the GOP tax plan at the end of last year, many major companies announced they would offer bonuses and savings to employees and customers. Walmart was one of them.
In the state of Washington, Walmart associates took home $6.1 million in bonuses. They also received over $3.1 million across the state of Washington for their performance-based bonus Thursday.
At the Walmart on East Sprague, 200 employees netted performance bonuses totaling about $13,000.
All associates received the tax bill related money. They'll see both in their paychecks Thursday.
- Court docs: Isenberg autopsy shows "no evidence of drowning"
- Spokane Public Library hosts ribbon cutting for 24-hour Library
- Cenex Zip Trip rape suspect charged with additional crimes
- 40-year-old Post Falls man dies after falling off inner tube on Spokane River
- NTSB offers update on fatal plane crash investigation in Stevens County
- Man injured when motorcycle runs into deer on SR395