SPOKANE, Wash. - Walmart associates across the country took home millions of dollars in bonuses Thursday.
When Congress passed the GOP tax plan at the end of last year, many major companies announced they would offer bonuses and savings to employees and customers. Walmart was one of them.
In the state of Washington, Walmart associates took home $6.1 million in bonuses. They also received over $3.1 million across the state of Washington for their performance-based bonus Thursday.
At the Walmart on East Sprague, 200 employees netted performance bonuses totaling about $13,000.
All associates received the tax bill related money. They'll see both in their paychecks Thursday.
- March For Our Rights in Sandpoint counter-rally to March For Our Lives
- Small caliber casings found in locker room at Shadle Park High School
- Northwest Pet Expo gives local rescue groups chance to match animals in forever homes
- Air 4 Adventure: Spring skiing at Silver Mountain
- WSU sues over Cosmic Crisp
- WSDOT extends studded tire removal deadline to April 15