GRANT COUNTY, Wash. - Wahluke School District in Mattawa is on "teaching lockdown" as of Thursday morning due to a threat made by phone.
Sheriff's deputies and Mattawa police are on the scene. "Teaching lockdown" means all exterior building doors and all interior classroom doors are locked. Anyone wishing access to a school needs to be cleared by officials on the scene.
The lockdown does not affect the normal release time of children. The threat is currently under investigation.
More details will be released as we receive updates.
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal