OKANOGAN, Wash. - A hero was escorted home on Saturday.
Okanogan County Assistant Fire Chief Christian Johnson died from injuries he sustained while fighting the Spring Coulee Fire this summer.
On Saturday, a procession spanned from Bothell to Okanogan.
Johnson served with the Okanogan Fire Department for 20 years.
His celebration of life will be held at 1 p.m., Oct. 24, at the Okanogan County Fairgrounds Agriplex.
- Troy's story: wife of former CD'A principal opens up about suicide, CTE
- City Council approves 'phase one' plans for emergency shelter space
- City of Spokane working on finalizing warming shelter
- Convicted child rapist released, expected to return to Spokane
- PAC finds effective, inexpensive advertising options through social media
- Sacred Heart Children's Hospital pediatrics unit undergoes major remodel