LIBBY, Mont. - A baseball team in Northwest Montana was heartbroken when they discovered vandals trashed the team's concession stand.
Libby Loggers Baseball, in Libby, Montana, posted about the destruction online and said they are "heartbroken, saddened and admittedly angry."
Investigators believe it happened overnight Saturday, March 30. Photos showed concession food and supplies strewn across the floor. It appeared the criminals also covered the building in spray paint.
There was also evidence the person who did this tried to light a pile of t-shirts on fire.
The concession stand at the Legion ball field also doubles as a training center for the Libby Volunteer Fire Department. The small town will host a wood bat tournament at the location this spring, another tournament in June, and the 2019 Western A District Tournament in July. They plan to have the mess cleaned up by then, but are looking for support from the community.
The post online estimated that damage spanned thousands of dollars. There is a $500 reward for information that leads to the conviction of the culprit. Leads can be called in to the Libby Police Department.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
- Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery