PEND OREILLE COUNTY, Wash. - The following is the latest information on the flooding situation in Pend Oreille County:
-Washington Conservation Corps Personnel helped residences along the Pend Oreille River on Wagon Wheel with sandbagging.
-As of Tuesday morning, the south end of River Bend Loop has been closed due to water over the roadway.
-Two private roads, Bee Hive Lane and Bear Paw Drive, have been reported with water over roadways.
-Cusick has declared an emergency and the Army Corps of Engineers will now help them inspect levees Wednesday morning.
-Pend Oreille County Public Works placed sand and sandbags at the following locations:
CCA Creek & LeClerc Road Levitch Road
River Bend Loop Yergens Road
Stanley Drive Cusick Boat Launch
Sandy Shores Ponderay Shores
Greggs Addition District 2 Road Shop (Hwy 211 & Jared Rd)
Davis/Mallard Roads District 3 Road Shop (Ione)
Skookum Rendezvous Fire District 5 Station
You can find the latest flood warning information here.
- Public use boat launch to open in Spokane neighborhood
- Spokane Valley deputies looking for autistic 10-year-old girl
- Inland Empire Dahlia Society plants garden at VA hospital for Memorial Day
- Body found near boat launch in Kootenai County
- Spokane service campaign celebrates largest impact ever
- Fishing tradition spans decades for local firefighters