PEND OREILLE COUNTY, Wash. - The following is the latest information on the flooding situation in Pend Oreille County:
-Washington Conservation Corps Personnel helped residences along the Pend Oreille River on Wagon Wheel with sandbagging.
-As of Tuesday morning, the south end of River Bend Loop has been closed due to water over the roadway.
-Two private roads, Bee Hive Lane and Bear Paw Drive, have been reported with water over roadways.
-Cusick has declared an emergency and the Army Corps of Engineers will now help them inspect levees Wednesday morning.
-Pend Oreille County Public Works placed sand and sandbags at the following locations:
CCA Creek & LeClerc Road Levitch Road
River Bend Loop Yergens Road
Stanley Drive Cusick Boat Launch
Sandy Shores Ponderay Shores
Greggs Addition District 2 Road Shop (Hwy 211 & Jared Rd)
Davis/Mallard Roads District 3 Road Shop (Ione)
Skookum Rendezvous Fire District 5 Station
You can find the latest flood warning information here.
- Firefighters battle Spokane Valley apartment fire
- Spokane air quality rated "Hazardous"
- SWAT team shoots, kills armed man in Spokane Valley
- Many in Spokane out and about in extremely unhealthy air
- 7-year-old sisters clean up Spokane park graffiti
- Gonzaga clarifies Chick-fil-A is NOT coming to campus