FOUR LAKES, Wash. - UPDATE: As of 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, the Silver Lake Fire is estimated at 100 acres and is about 20% contained but is no longer growing. More fire information here.
I-90 was completely shut down for a period of time just after the fire began, but both lanes are now open. Fire crews warn there could be smoke over the highway today.
UPDATE: One westbound lane and one eastbound lane of I-90 are closed.
The fire is now 10 percent contained, and is still burning 100 acres.
UPDATE: Level 3 evacuations are in place near Granite Lake area, south of I-90 to Salnave Road.
According to DNR, more than 100 firefighters from 11 agencies are working to contain the fire.
Heidi Monter, a volunteer at the Bi-Mart Arena (Cheney Rodeo grounds), told Kxly4 that the arena is open and standing by for anyone that needs to evacuate their animals from the fire just outside of Cheney. You can call them at 509-235-4848.
UPDATE: Both westbound lanes of I-90 are back open.
According to DNR, the fire, now called the Silver Lake Fire is burning 100 acres and is expected to keep growing.
Homes are being threatened.
I-90 is closed in both directions at MP 265, between Four Lakes and Salnave Road, due to a wildfire in the area.
Eastbound traffic is being detoured onto Salnave Road through Cheney. Westbound lanes don't yet have a detour in place.
We have a crew on the way. This is a developing story. We will continue to update.
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane childcare providers worried over new state requirements
- Local numbers from the 'Clear the Shelters' nationwide event have been released
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries
- Collaboration, community the focus of new Spokane cohousing development