PEND ORIELLE COUNTY, Wash. - UPDATE: Just after midnight, Washington State Patrol released new information about a deadly one-car rollover crash that happened north of Cusick early Wednesday.
We now know 33-year-old Aaron Pierre was driving a 2006 Kia Spectra with four passengers inside when the car plunged off a cliff at 6:26 a.m.
Three of those passengers, 29-year-old Richard Torosian, 32-year-old Kayleen Sherwood, and 29-year-old O'Shan Nick died on the scene.
Pierre and another passenger, 22-year-old Anthony Shirahama, were both injured. Pierre was taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center. Shirahama was taken to Newport Hospital.
WSP has not released the cause of the crash, but did say drugs and/or alcohol were somehow involved. Charges are pending.
Pierre, Shirahama, Sherwood, and Nick were all not wearing their seatbelts. It's unknown if Torosian was wearing his.
Washington State Patrol is on the way to help local crews with a fatal crash in Pend Orielle county near LeClerc Rd and CeeCee Ah Creek Rd., about 8 miles north of Cusick.
At least 7 first responders from Spokane County Fire District 9 are also responding, including a rescue crew, an engine company, and a duty officer.
Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane childcare providers worried over new state requirements
- Local numbers from the 'Clear the Shelters' nationwide event have been released
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries