PEND ORIELLE COUNTY, Wash. - UPDATE: Just after midnight, Washington State Patrol released new information about a deadly one-car rollover crash that happened north of Cusick early Wednesday.
We now know 33-year-old Aaron Pierre was driving a 2006 Kia Spectra with four passengers inside when the car plunged off a cliff at 6:26 a.m.
Three of those passengers, 29-year-old Richard Torosian, 32-year-old Kayleen Sherwood, and 29-year-old O'Shan Nick died on the scene.
Pierre and another passenger, 22-year-old Anthony Shirahama, were both injured. Pierre was taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center. Shirahama was taken to Newport Hospital.
WSP has not released the cause of the crash, but did say drugs and/or alcohol were somehow involved. Charges are pending.
Pierre, Shirahama, Sherwood, and Nick were all not wearing their seatbelts. It's unknown if Torosian was wearing his.
Washington State Patrol is on the way to help local crews with a fatal crash in Pend Orielle county near LeClerc Rd and CeeCee Ah Creek Rd., about 8 miles north of Cusick.
At least 7 first responders from Spokane County Fire District 9 are also responding, including a rescue crew, an engine company, and a duty officer.
Work release suspended for convicted killer, former Spokane county deputy Tom Dibartolo
Leave the rain jacket at home! Nothin' but sunshine expected today
- Work release suspended for convicted killer, former Spokane county deputy Tom Dibartolo
- University of Utah students host walkout on anniversary of Lauren McCluskey's death
- Talking about suicide: local expert gives advice on starting the conversation
- Truck drives through barbed wire fence in fatal crash near Medical Lake
- Families can soon get up to 18 weeks of Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Shoshone Co. asks for $22M to build new jail and safety facility to replace old building