PRIEST RIVER, Idaho - Two men have been arrested after shooting at two boys from across Priest River, striking one of the boys in the leg.
On Tuesday night, the boys rode their moped to a fishing spot where they had permission to fish on the Priest River near Settlement Road.
Across the river, two men began shooting multiple firearms in the boys' direction.
The boys noticed rounds had impacted their moped and quickly got on the moped and fled the area for their safety. As they fled, the men began shooting again and struck one of the boys in the leg.
The injured boy was taken to Newport Hospital for treatment and was released.
The men were identified as Leo Inwood and Eric Wood of Priest River. Wood was arrested at the scene, but Inwood had left before deputies arrived. Wood admitted to detectives that he was the one shooting and was booked accordingly.
On Wednesday, Inwood met with detectives and was booked for a firearm charge related to the incident.
- The Last Jedi opens in Spokane
- Moose rescued after getting tangled in swing set
- Beloved Crescent building Christmas window displays are back
- Cryptocurrency craze
- Spokane Park Board votes to create cross country skiing trails near golf course
- More people misuse disabled parking spots in winter months