CHENEY, Wash - Two Eastern Washington University football players were arrested Saturday night, accused of trying to interfere with someone else's arrest.
Cheney Police say starting quarterback Gage Gubrud and starting linebacker Kurt Calhoun were trying to stop police from arresting a friend on a malicious mischief charge. Police said that man was seen kicking over a railing at the Mason Jar.
Police say Gubrud and Calhoun were trying to stop police from arresting their friend. Officers say they were told several times to leave the area and not interfere, but they refused.
Calhoun and Gubrud were arrested on a misdemeanor charge of obstructing a public servant. They were cited and released, not transported to jail.
EWU's football team issued a statement Sunday that Gubrud and Calhoun were suspended for violating team rules. They will not make the trip to play North Dakota on Saturday.
- Wild Waters waterpark is being demolished
- Beatles Fantasy Tribute tour coming to Spokane
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell to speak at Whitworth University
- Detectives arrest more suspects in Red Top Motel investigation
- Deputies link bullet holes found in neighbor's wall to baseball bat suspect
- Coast Guard helicopter avoids drone strike in Port Angeles