NINE MILE FALLS, Wash. - UPDATE: Southbound lane is now open.
This is a developing story. We will post updates as they become available.
Washington State Patrol is reporting a two-car collision on Charles Road, just outside of Nine Mile Falls, Wash. There are piloting cars in the northbound lane, but southbound lane is closed.
WSP says that vehicle one was southbound on Hwy. 291, and vehicle two was "disabled" on the southbound side of the road. Two individuals from vehicle two were standing at the back of their vehicle when vehicle one veered off the road and hit the back of vehicle two and the two individuals.
Both people with injuries were transported to Sacred Heart Hospital. The driver of vehicle one was not injured.
In a release, WSP confirms that drugs or alcohol were involved in the collision, and the expected opening of the southbound lane is still unknown at this point.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- City of Spokane public pools are closing for the summer soon
- Facebook, Instagram delete controversial figure James Allsup's accounts
- Cool off in the summer heat with a Poppy Unique Treat!
- Crash temporarily blocks all lanes of Highway 27 near Jackson Road
- Employees file tort claims against Asotin County judge
- Washington State and National Parks offer free admission on Sunday