SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Two burglary suspects have been arrested on Friday after leading Spokane Valley deputies on a police chase that ended with K9 Bane saving the day.
Police responded to a call mid-afternoon from an offsite security company worker who had seen the two suspects circling the Atuto Nation Subaru parking lot, located at 9916 E. Sprague. The suspects, two men, were driving a maroon Expedition with a trailer that deputies later found was stolen.
Deputies arrived just in time to see the two men jump the business’ locked security fence and flee in the Expedition.
A police chase ensued, but the suspect’s erratic driving caused them to crash the Expedition and run on foot.
The chase ended when K9 Bane captured the driver, 20-year-old James D. St. Peter, and led deputies to where the other man, 24-year-old Nukona C. McCraigie, was hiding.
McCraigie, who police found was in posession of someone else’s Washington State ID and Social Security Cards, was booked into the Spokane County Jail for burglary 2nd degree, possession of stolen property 1st degree, identity theft 1st degree, and resisting arrest.
St. Peter received medical attention prior to being booked into the Spokane County Jail for burglary 2nd degree, attempting to elude a police vehicle, possession of stolen property 1st degree, malicious mischief 2nd degree, and resisting Arrest.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- AMBER Alert issued for Montana boy who may be traveling to N. Idaho
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!