SPOKANE, Wash. - Two southbound lanes of Stevens Street were blocked Tuesday morning when a semi truck got stuck in the underpass.
Spokane Police and a tow truck responded to the scene to assist in removing the semi, which belonged to Performance Food Group.
Over the years, the Stevens Street bridge has battled many trucks, despite efforts to avoid crashes. Lights and additional warning signs were added to the bridge to help drivers know when they are over height.
- Spokane man charged in mother's heroin overdose death
- Police investigating threats made to Post Falls High School
- Spokane hopes Great Gorge Trail leads to more river usage
- Driver crashes into STA bus in downtown Spokane
- More than 75,000 food stamp recipients to be affected by new SNAP laws
- Crowd hosts strike, 'die-in' for climate change action