REARDAN, Wash. - A pickup truck towing a boat crashed into a train early Friday morning on Coulee Hite Rd. in West Spokane County.
The driver and a passenger in the truck received serious, but believed to be non-life threatening injuries, according to the Spokane County Sheriff's Office. Both were transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Initial information indicates the truck traveling south on Coulee Hite Rd. Because of the fog and slick road conditions, the driver was not able to stop in time to avoid hitting the train, which had stopped to connect additional railroad cars.
The incident is being investigated, but deputies at the scene believe speed is a factor due to the slick road conditions and dense fog. Impairment does not appear to be a factor.
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal