REARDAN, Wash. - A pickup truck towing a boat crashed into a train early Friday morning on Coulee Hite Rd. in West Spokane County.
The driver and a passenger in the truck received serious, but believed to be non-life threatening injuries, according to the Spokane County Sheriff's Office. Both were transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Initial information indicates the truck traveling south on Coulee Hite Rd. Because of the fog and slick road conditions, the driver was not able to stop in time to avoid hitting the train, which had stopped to connect additional railroad cars.
The incident is being investigated, but deputies at the scene believe speed is a factor due to the slick road conditions and dense fog. Impairment does not appear to be a factor.
- Snowy start to Saturday in Spokane
- One girl found, one still missing from Bonners Ferry
- Passenger killed after collision with Chelan County snowplow
- Robbery suspects arrested after breaking into motel room
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient
- Second storm of the week brings new snow, high winds to Inland NW