A couple found a dog with a horrific gunshot wound to the face while they were driving near Finley over the weekend.
Mikey's Chance Canine Rescue in West Richland says the dog named "Buddy" was found at Haney and Nine Canyon roads on Friday, Oct. 18.
The couple who found Buddy rushed him to Vista Veterinary Hospital in Kennewick and contacted the Benton County Sheriff's Office, who notified animal control.
The vet's office found that Buddy had a microchip and contacted the owners, who said Buddy went missing from their West Pasco home the day before he was found with a gunshot wound.
The owners opted to surrender their dog to Mikey's Chance instead of euthanasia.
Now, Mikey's Chance says Buddy will require several surgeries and a lengthy time period to recover. The rescue also says Buddy is only 3 years old and has a "tremendous will to survive."
The rescue says the surgeries will be expensive, and they are accepting donations from anyone willing to help.
Donations can be made to Vista Veterinary Hospital. To learn more, call 509-783-2131. You can also send money via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a check to P.O. Box 4535 West Richland.
- School delays for Thursday, Dec. 12
- Snow hits mountain passes as students head home for the holidays
- Meet the woman who takes all those nasty calls at the county when roads get bad
- 'There is still a long way to go': Providence fails to reach agreement with Sacred Heart nurses
- Power restored to Avista customers in the Garland neighborhood
- Whitworth sees increase in diversity since making SAT, ACT test scores optional