LACLEDE, Idaho - A train derailed in Laclede, Idaho on Friday afternoon. Laclede is just east of Priest River.
The train was part of the Pend Oreille Valley Railroad, which is a shortline railroad located in Usk. Officials said three box cars derailed and are now sitting on the ground. One locomotive with front wheels came off the rail.
All box cars were empty.
A crew from Libby, Montana with specialized equipment will pick up the car and fix the track. The train should be on schedule for Monday morning, which is the next time the train was scheduled to run.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- SPD looking for missing 75-year-old woman
- Police arrest ten time convicted felon during traffic stop
- Police set up perimeter searching for wanted suspect in Spokane Valley
- Riverside State Park soon to offer two new cabins
- Formerly homeless woman stands by Sen. Cantwell in push for affordable housing
- SPD investigating drive-by shooting near Chelan and Ash