SPOKANE, Wash. - Happy Tuesday! Today will be cloudy and mid-50s. Then, a change in our weather pattern will bring several storm systems through the region over the next several days.
Here's what you should know to get your day started:
The Fort Worth, Texas police officer who shot and killed a woman who was standing in her own home has been charged with murder. Body camera video shows Officer Aaron Dean waited just two seconds after asking Atatiana Jefferson to show her hands before he shot at her. Dean resigned from the police department yesterday morning. Around 1:00 p.m., he was arrested but posted bail about three hours later. The victim's family said they were relieved the officer was being held accountable, and that there will be "a long road to a prosecution, conviction and an appropriate sentence."
Our story on the Coeur d'Alene School District considering later start times for high schools and middle schools has lots of local parents sounding off. Right now all secondary schools start between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. A committee of parents and school staff will begin meeting later this month to consider the pros and cons of pushing those times back. If the committee is quick to make a decision, changes could go into effect as early as next school year. Or, the committee could decide no changes are necessary.
Taco Bell has removed about 2 million pounds of the seasoned beef used in its burritos and tacos, because the product could have metal shavings in it. The bags of meat were shipped to restaurant locations across the country. The company said Monday 100% of the product in question had already been removed from all restaurants.
Other local headlines:
- Free music lessons available at the Downtown Spokane Library
- #happylife: stay forever young with these skincare tips
'Shop with a Cop' sees local law enforcement take kids shopping for winter clothes
Air 4 Adventure: Bayview
- 'Shop with a Cop' sees local law enforcement take kids shopping for winter clothes
- Bomb threat forces evacuation at Moscow Middle School
- City of Spokane officially declares beginning of snow season
- Did you know WSDOT has a travel app?
- Drink beer in an igloo at this Coeur d'Alene taphouse
- JoJo Siwa swinging through Spokane on her D.R.E.A.M. tour