SPOKANE, Wash. - The Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture has announced its exhibitions for the 2019-20 season.
“We are thrilled to present a slate of noteworthy exhibitions over the next 12 months that will delight the whole family from prestigious institutions including New York’s American Museum of Natural History and The National Museum of American Illustration in Newport, RI.,” said Executive Director Wes Jessup.
Below is a list exhibitions taking place:
Giants, Dragons and Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures
July 13- Sept. 2, 2019
Wendy Franklund Miller: Persistence
May 25- Aug. 18, 2019
Memory and Meaning: Masterpieces from the MAC’s Textile Collection
Aug. 31- Jan. 12, 2020
Norman Rockwell’s America
Oct. 4- Jan. 19, 2020
Pompeii: The Immortal City
Feb. 7- May 3, 2020
Two companion exhibits, Northwest Legends and Mount St. Helens Critical Memory will also take place to offer a local spin.
Click HERE for more information on current exhibitions.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Mobile Recreation aims to keep local youth active over summer
- 'I'm speechless right now': Spokane man overcomes addiction to spend Father's Day with kids
- Vets Garage calls on community for support
- Man arrested at Drag Queen Story Hour protest
- Hundreds turn out to support, protest Drag Queen Story Hour at the South Hill public library
- Global Target register outage affects Spokane and Coeur d'Alene locations