SPOKANE, Wash. - Riverfront Park's Central Promenade is now open, just in time for Hoopfest!
As of Friday at 4 p.m., visitors can now walk directly from the north entrance at the Butterfly, all the way to the Rotary Fountain at the south entrance. Take a look.
🎉🎉 The fences have been removed and the Central Promenade is officially open! Traveling north/south through Riverfront has never been more beautiful. pic.twitter.com/CPiPBO9OGm— Riverfront Spokane (@SpoRiverfrontPk) June 21, 2019
Park construction is scheduled to continue, with the U.S. Pavilion opening this fall.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Inmate who walked away from hospital found, booked into jail
News you should know to start your Wednesday
- Inmate who walked away from hospital found, booked into jail
- Missing 75-year-old woman found safe
- Police arrest ten time convicted felon during traffic stop
- Riverside State Park soon to offer two new cabins
- Formerly homeless woman stands by Sen. Cantwell in push for affordable housing
- SPD investigating drive-by shooting near Chelan and Ash