RITZVILLE, Wash. - Washington State Patrol said a 65-year-old man from Texas died Tuesday, more than two weeks after he lost control of his motorcycle on I-90.
Troopers said Eloy Benavidez was heading east at milepost 209 on May 5 when he tried to change lanes through a construction zone and lost control of his 2012 Harley Davidson. No other vehicles were involved.
According to WSP, Benavidez was taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane. He died from his injuries on May 22.
WSP said Benavidez was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Woman gets 30 years for role in Social Security killing
Local "baby shower" celebrates Washington State's new paid leave program
- Local "baby shower" celebrates Washington State's new paid leave program
- Non-profit collects blankets for veterans in need at annual 'Warming Spokane'
- Family of missing Deer Park teen to host prayer vigil
- Wings for All simulation helps teach kids with autism how to travel
- Catholic Charities hopes new security team will lower downtown crime
- DOJ awards millions to improve public safety in American Indian, Alaska native communities