KAMIAH, Idaho - An approximately one–mile portion of Forest Service road 447, located on the Palouse Ranger District of the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests, will be closed soon for public health and safety during a road widening project.
The closure is scheduled to begin on Mon., Jan. 22.
The closure will impact the Palouse River Road #447 between milepost 2 and milepost 3 as officials work to widen the road in that area.
Currently, that section of road is very narrow due to a rock outcropping in the cut bank. This limits lines of sight and creates a hazardous situation for those using the road.
- Groups oppose Senate candidate's planned rally, citing safety concerns
- Dog shot twice after giving birth to litter of puppies
- Closing statements expected Thursday in Soderberg trial
- Donors needed for additional projects at Riverfront Park
- Bee causes rollover accident on Idaho Highway 7
- Coeur d'Alene High School principal commits suicide