KELSO, Wash. - Authorities say a 13-year-old boy told police he accidentally shot and killed a longtime friend who had spent the night at his Kelso home.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff's Office said they're investigating after a teen called 911 Saturday afternoon to report that he had accidentally shot his friend. Investigators said the boy was distraught and told detectives he thought the gun was unloaded.
No adults were home at the time of the shooting.
The Cowlitz County Coroner late Saturday identified the victim as 13-year-old Edgar Vasquez of Kelso.
Authorities did not release the name of the shooter.
- The Last Jedi opens in Spokane
- Moose rescued after getting tangled in swing set
- Beloved Crescent building Christmas window displays are back
- Cryptocurrency craze
- Spokane Park Board votes to create cross country skiing trails near golf course
- More people misuse disabled parking spots in winter months