SPOKANE, Wash. - The teenager accused of killing his girlfriend in Spokane appeared in court for his arraignment on Tuesday.
19-year-old Bryce Thompson pleaded not guilty.
On July 17, Thompson was arrested in Montana for premeditated murder after his girlfriend, 20-year-old Alyssa Dodd, was found beaten to death in their house on East Shannon in the Emerson Garfield neighborhood.
Thompson had allegedly told detectives he came up with plans to kill Dodd several days before her death. During the interview, Thompson told detectives his plan to murder Dodd while she slept, and also admitted he originally planned to kill her sister as well.
'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- 'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
- Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery
- Deputies involved in deadly Spokane Valley shooting identified
- Have fun with the family before school starts up at the North Idaho State Fair