SPOKANE, Wash. - Area pools are starting to close for the season, which means its time for doggy dips! Pools in Spokane and Spokane Valley are open to your fur-friends over the next week.
The first event is on Sunday at Valley Mission Pool. The last day for human swim is Saturday, then the pool goes to the pups. Dogs 65 pounds or under can swim from 1 to 1:45 p.m. and the pool opens for larger pups from 2 to 2:45 p.m. It costs $5 for each canine to participate and the limit is two dogs per owner. Dogs must be over six months or older, spayed or neutered, and must have current vaccination records. Find more info here.
Several pools in Spokane will also offer the opportunity for pups to swim. Below are locations, dates and times for events.
- Comstock: Sunday, August 25 from 3-4:30 p.m.
- Shadle: Monday, August 26 from 5:30-7 p.m.
- Hillyard: Tuesday, August 27 from 5:30-7 p.m.
- AM Cannon: Wednesday, August 28 from 5:30-7 p.m.
- Liberty: Thursday, August 29 from 5:30-7 p.m.
Dog owners can bring $10 to the pool on the day of each event. All proceeds go toward SpokAnimal’s High Bridge Dog Park. Dogs must be well-mannered, healthy and attended to by an owner with proof of up-to-date rabies vaccination. Find more info here.
- 35 Spokane Public School students could miss class due to state's MMR vaccine requirement law
- Governor Jay Inslee endorses Ben Stuckart for Spokane mayor
- Pullman's iconic Cougar Country Drive-In to reopen Wednesday for limited hours
- D. Lish offering $2 cheeseburgers today
- 'He was in pieces': Spokane woman relives attack that killed her dog
- House of Charity in need of blanket donations as temperatures drop