SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police have submitted murder charges for two men after a fatal shooting in northeast Spokane last week.
Spokane Major Crime's detectives forwarded the charges to the Spokane County Prosecutor's office Monday for two suspects arrested in Kennewick over the weekend who are believed to be involved in a Spokane homicide that happened March 8th.
According to Cpl. Teresa Fuller, Marcus A. Areval, 33, faces second degree murder, first degree attempted robbery, and drive by shooting charges. Ramiro E. Sanchez, 21, faces second degree murder, second degree unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a stolen firearm, and first degree attempted robbery charges. Both men are being held in Kennewick on unrelated Department of Corrections warrants right now.
On Thursday, gunshots were reported near N. Nevada and E. Hoffman. Then someone drove a vehicle to Holy Family Hospital with a gunshot victim dead inside. The victim's identity still has not been released.
The suspects were arrested over the weekend in Kennewick after authorities spotted the car matching the description of the one possibly involved in the Spokane homicide.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Crime Check at (509) 456-2233.
- Coeur d'Alene resident crashes car into Fernan Lake
- Fire leaves Shogun Restaurant "a total loss"
- Dogs reported stolen from Spokane yards
- Early morning fire destroys Spokane's Shogun restaurant
- UPDATE: SPD has located car in Spokane River
- Spokane Valley Police looking for suspicious male who contacted young girl