SPOKANE, Wash. - On Saturday, October 6 at approximately 3:15 a.m., Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a report where the victim stated he had just found an unknown male inside his home located in the 28600 block of W. Long Lake Rd.
The victim told Deputies he heard someone inside his home and went to investigate. He found an unknown male, later identified as 44-year-old Sean D. Hill, standing inside his residence. The victim confronted Hill, told him to leave and that he had called the police.
Hill said he entered the residence because he heard voices inside and would wait for the police as he left the residence. Hill continued to walk away from the residence until he was out of the victim's sight.
Deputy Clay Hilton and his partner K9 Bane arrived to assist. Several K9 announcements were given advising Hill to surrender and if he did not, a K9 would be used to find him. All announcements went unanswered.
On lead, K9 Bane began to search for the suspect, and located him hiding in a wooded tree line a short distance away. Hill complied with commands and was taken into custody.
Hill was transported and booked into the Spokane County Jail for Residential Burglary, a felony.
- Hundreds turn out to support, protest Drag Queen Story Hour at the South Hill public library
- Global Target register outage affects Spokane and Coeur d'Alene locations
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace hopes to build 100 beds today
- SCRAPS in need of foster parents this kitten season
- Join the thousands of people subscribed to the Daily Local newsletter
- Man sentenced to 20 years for killing girlfriend at Beau Rivage apartments