Spokane County Sheriff's Office in conjunction with the Spokane Police Department located a vehicle matching the description of the suspect in the Wandermere shooting around 7 p.m. Monday.
According to Corporal Gregory with SCSO, the suspect was taken into custody following a short pursuit. The arrest was made near Monroe and Rowan in North Spokane.
Authorities believe the suspect is responsible for shooting and killing a woman in her car north of the Wandermere Golf Club on Sunday. The victim was driving with two other people in her car, but they were uninjured. The victim was taken to the hospital where she later died from her injuries.
Neither the suspect, nor the victim, have been identified.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from 4 News Now. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player
- #happylife: 'School Shoes for Kids' drive makes sure every student has a pair of sneaks
- #happylife: A doctor's warning for parents before booking a sports physical
- Car crashes into jersey barrier along I-90 near Moses Lake
- Two people survive plane crash in Whitman County