SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane is the best city in America for freelancers, according to a new study by Neighborhoods.com.
Researchers performing the study analyzed U.S. Census Bureau data from more than 150 cities and compared those cities across five metrics.
Those included median rent, average internet speed, number of coffee shops per capita, income taxes and ease of getting around town.
The study found that Spokane’s median rent sits at $903. This should come as no surprise to any local, but Spokane has 16.4 coffee shops per 100,000 people.
Another Washington city, Vancouver, came in second place. As for the worst… if you are a freelancer, maybe avoid Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Thief steals Spokane father's truck with his entire business in the back
- Local fire district is now recruiting
- A cooler, almost Christmassy weekend
- Looking to buy a home? It's tough for buyers right now, but a good market for sellers
- Air 4 Adventure: Ski Edition
- Spokane Police, Eastern State bridge gap on helping those in crisis