GRANGEVILLE, Idaho - 15 high school students from Kamiah, Grangeville, Cottonwood and Kooskia Idaho will learn the ins and outs of law enforcement by taking part in the Idaho County Sheriff's Office Cadet Program.
The cadets learn various facets of law enforcement including firearms training, evidence collection and fingerprinting, they roll play deputies in arrest scenarios, ride along with deputies as well as learn dispatch and jailer duties.
The program began in 2012.
- Spokane firefighter with legacy of protecting firefighters remembered
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery provides safe, confidential temporary childcare
- The impacts of child abuse, through the eyes of an officer
- Daycare worker fights for better access to childcare after death of Caiden Henry
- Kxly4 Extreme Team gets to work renovating Project ID
- Lost dog found at Farragut State Park